La France’s long catch-and-run brought WKU to within 31-28 with seven minutes to play.The Toppers got the ball back and had a shot at a game-tying field goal, but it was blocked, and FCS program Maine held on for the three-point win.This first Capitol, a rough-hewn stone building three stories in height, was destroyed by fire in 1813.The second Capitol was constructed in 1814-1816 on the same site.The name “Frankfort” was chosen by Wilkinson to honor the memory of an early pioneer to the region with the surname Frank.“Frankfort” evolved out of “Frank’s Ford,” the name popularly given to a ford in the location of the town.(2) The first Capitol building was constructed in 1793-1794 on the Public Square, the site of all subsequent Capitol buildings until the New Capitol of 1905-1910.Five commissioners were selected to choose a suitable location for a permanent capital.
Y, por favor, ¡te recordamos que mantengas su identidad en secreto! The site of Frankfort was first surveyed by adventurers in 1773, when Hancock Taylor claimed the land on behalf of Robert Mc Afee of Virginia.This claim was not properly recorded, and after a legal battle among subsequent claimants the town was organized by General James Wilkinson of Virginia in 1786.After 10 conventions met to consider the question, a proposed state constitution was ratified in Danville in April 1792.On June 1, 1792, Kentucky was admitted as the thirteenth state to the newly formed Union under the United States Constitution.(1) Inauguration of state officers, including General Isaac Shelby as governor, took place in Lexington on June 4, 1792.